You’ve probably been eating hot dogs all summer. And most likely, nachos, here and there. But what we guarantee you haven’t had is the brilliant recipe mashup that is Cheesy Nacho Dogs! Seriously, why haven’t we though of this sooner?!
Much more than hot dogs topped with cheese sauce, these nachos-style hot dogs are literally loaded with all the nachos ingredients:
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
The crowd will roar when they get their hands on two concession-stand classics in one winning combo! This recipe calls for fully-cooked chicken sausages (like Aidells), but you can swap in classic hot dogs if preferred.
Cheesy Nacho Dogs
- 4 grilled, fully-cooked chicken sausages (like Aidells)
- 4 buns
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 tsp cilantro
- ¼ cup crushed tortilla chips
- Sliced jalapeños
- Preheat broiler.
- Place sausages in buns and top each with 2 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese. Broil 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Top each with 2 Tbsp salsa, 1 Tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp cilantro, 1 Tbsp crushed tortilla chips and sliced jalapeños, if desired.
Serves 4. Per serving: 401 cal, 18g fat, 90mg chol, 28g prot, 33g carbs, 6g sugar, 2g fiber, 1129mg sodium
View Original Article