Introducing a delicious culinary fusion that marries the quintessential American hot dog with the vibrant flavors of Greece – the Greek-style Lamb and Tzatziki hot dog.
This innovative and tantalizing recipe offers an exciting departure from the usual hot dog, promising an explosion of tastes that will impress your palate.
These enticing hot dogs feature succulent lamb sausages flavored with characteristic Greek herbs such as oregano, garlic, and a touch of lemon zest. The crowning glory of this unique hot dog is a dollop of cool, creamy tzatziki sauce crafted from Greek yogurt, refreshing cucumber, fragrant garlic, and dill.
What is Tzatziki?
Tzatziki is a favored Greek sauce or dip, traditionally prepared with Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and dill. The combination of yogurt and cucumber imparts a creamy and cool texture with a slight crunch, while the garlic and dill contribute to its zesty and herbaceous flavor profile.
These Lamb and Tzatziki hot dogs are an ideal way to experiment with your regular hot dog serving and bring a slice of the Mediterranean to your table. Whether for a summer barbecue, an uncomplicated weekday meal, or a special celebration, this recipe is all you need to elevate your hot dog experience.
So, let’s get those lamb sausages and tzatziki sauce ready, ignite the grill, and embark on a Greek gastronomic adventure right in your backyard!
- Lamb sausages
- Hot dog buns
- Tzatziki sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Tomatoes, diced
- Red onion, sliced
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh parsley, chopped
How do you cook Lamb & Tzatziki Hot Dogs?
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high temperature.
- Grill the lamb sausages on each side for approximately 5-7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- While your sausages are sizzling, prepare your toppings by slicing the red onion and dicing the tomatoes.
- Once your sausages are perfectly cooked, remove them from the grill and let them sit for a few moments.
- Proceed to toast the hot dog buns on the grill or in a toaster.
- To assemble the hot dogs, lavish each bun with a generous tzatziki sauce spread.
- Add a grilled lamb sausage to each bun, followed by a sprinkle of sliced red onion and diced tomatoes.
- Finish with a scatter of crumbled feta cheese and freshly chopped parsley on top of the hot dogs.
- Serve promptly and savor the Greek flavors!
More from Articles
Hot dogs aren’t exactly considered one of the most expensive ingredients out there, right? On a scale from carrots to caviar, …